- Festivities: The celebrations in Malaga are many & varied. Here are the most representatives ones:
* Carnival: date varies, usually between February and March, and includes Carnival Competitions Groups and election of God “Momo” and Goddess of the Carnival, Parades in the streets and the famous “Burial of Anchovy” (burning on the beaches of the Malagueta).
* Easter: date varies between March and April.
* May Crosses: Crosses contest conducted with flowers.
* Feast of the Patrons of the city, San Ciriaco and Santa Paula. It takes place in mid June.
* Verbena de San Juan, which is celebrated on the night of June 23 with the burning of the "Jua" (burning on the beaches) in different neighborhoods.
* Sea and Land Procession of Our Lady of El Carmen: It is celebrated on July 16 or the following Sunday. Procession of the “Virgen del Carmen” on the old quarter, the neighborhood of “El Perchel” and the Malaga’s Port.
* Fair of the “El Palo” neighborhood (eastern Malaga): is held around July 16 in the neighborhood of El Palo.
* Fair of the “Huelin” neighborhood: is held around July 16 in the neighborhood of Huelin (together with the celebrations and procession of the Virgen del Carmen).
* Feria de Málaga: VERY POPULAR!! Variable date around the fisrt 2 weeks of august. Besides the typical celebration in the city centre and the “Real de la Feria” this one located in the outskirts of the city centre (booths, rides horses, flamenco dancing ...) takes place a wreath to the Patron at the Shrine of Our Lady of Victory, a “Verdiales Festival” (typical local dances and songs), an International Folklore Festival and bullfights.
* Procession of Our Lady of Victory, is celebrated on September 8 with a procession through Malaga’s Old Quarter and city centre.
* The “Verdiales”: Celebrated on December 28, with a party and contest Verdiales Sale in San Cayetano, in the district of Puerto de la Torre.
* Christmas Party and the Parade of the Three Wise Men: will be held from the fisrts week of December to January 5th, with various activities: extraordinary concerts, street parades, New Year celebration on the Plaza de la Constitucion and the typical spanish Parade of the Three Wise Men.
In Malaga’s city center there are many options for fun in the night from the typical Andalusian bars and tabernas, even the most modern discotheque and all kinds of environments and musical styles.
No doubt the evening starts with a good dinner in one of the restaurants located in the old town where you can enjoy our famous tapas-style or any of our “Mesones” and “RestroBars” with high rank and reputation.
Depending on the dates of your visit to our city you will find different types of offers; the best is to get carried away by the charm of the moment!
Malaga is perfect for the practice of most sports and has a wide range of indoor facilities such as gyms, pools, pavilions, etc. as well as outdoor sports: from jogging, soccer, climbing, cycling, golf ... and so on may be performed along the entire coast from Malaga to more rural environments